Friday, February 4, 2011

"My Only Love Sprung from My Only Hate..."

In the midst of Romeo and Juliet...and they like it!

I'm pleased with their willingness to "endure" the language and see that Mr. Shakespeare actually has few thoughts about infatuation and love that can actually apply to the 21st century.  It is quite endearing to hear the boys "chit chat" about their understandings and even joke around with each other using Elizabethan English.  It's been fun.  Particularly interesting, however, is the poor reception Laz Buhrman's cinematic version of the play has had.  Overall, the boys think "it's doing too much."  They like the modernity and the visuals, but in terms of effectiveness, it's been a mixed bag.

Either way I'm enjoying the discovery process with them.

** WLU Proposal ACCEPTED!!**

Beam me up Scotty!

No comments:

Post a Comment